The official Mexican holidays may be far off on the horizon but the less official runner up has got to be Tequila Day.
Who knows how long July 24th has been honouring the unique taste of this fiery latin liquor? Regardless, Day of the Dead is a while off so we’ll take any excuse to bring a bit of tequila sunshine into our lives.
This characterful liquor is rapidly gaining popularity here, there and everywhere due to it’s peppery versatility. Of course the traditional way to drink this tasty tipple has got to be the best, and no I’m not talking about shots…
Tequila is so delicious, you’re actually supposed to sip it! Put the lime and salt away and treat this drink with the respect of a true Vaquero.
Make sure your tequila gets the elegance you’d give to any brandy, whisky or cognac by pouring it into a stylish Urban Bar Rocking Tumbler.
If you want to savour that tequila taste without sipping the straight stuff then why not try a tequila cocktail.
- Simply add the ingredients and the Funkin Mixer to a fun margarita glass and serve over ice.
- Don’t forget to add the classic salt coated rim to your glass for a more authentic touch, so simple to do with the Margarita Salt Hat Pack! The quirky packaging design features a built in glass rimmer in its lid!
We like our Margarita’s served in a stylish Cactus glass.
- 60ml / 2 oz Tequila – Check out our friends Lupe Pintos in Edinburgh for some authentic Mexican Tequila.
- 15ml /1/2 oz Monin Grenadine Syrup
- Orange Juice to top up
- Ice Cubes
- To garnish:
- Cocktail Cherry
- Fresh Orange Slice
- Pour the orange juice and tequila over the ice and stir.
- Slowly pour the grenadine around the inside edge of the glass and wait for it to rise and mix with the other ingredients.
- Garnish with a cherry and a slice of orange.
Bring this Tahiti Highball glass to life with your beautiful Tiki-la sunrise.